Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


Every year we have a Thanksgiving dinner with my parents here in VA on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and then we go to PA to be with John's family on the actual holiday. This year was no different EXCEPT for the fact that I insisted on having our Sunday Thanksgiving Day dinner at our house this year. It was a nice thought, but a LOT of extra work! All in all, the meal turned out good and everyone had a great time!


On Tuesday evening after work, we made our way to PA to John's parent's house where we stayed until Sunday. On Wednesday when we got up, we took Jake to get his hair cut (this was only his second hair cut, but he did so wonderful with it!), and John got his cut as well. It was a nice little male bonding trip, really. Later that day, John went out with his friends and was out until the next morning. He does this every year and I honestly don't see it changing any time in the near future. Jake and I didn't do much for the rest of Wednesday.


Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving day. We watched most of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and played all morning. Jake and I napped in the afternoon and then that evening we had the yummiest dinner EVER!


On Friday (Black Friday), Jake and I went shopping with my sister, and I finished three people on my list! YAY ME! I have to say that I'm almost done Christmas shopping. I'm so pleased with myself! We didn't stay out that long ... my sister had somewhere she needed to be and I was fine with that. The crowds were making me a little crazy and Jake needed a nap BAD. Friday evening we went to a friend's house and just hung out. It was so awesome to just do NOTHING!


Saturday was another relatively relaxing day. My brother-in-law decided he wanted professional pictures taken of all four kids (ages 8 months - 5). I was pretty hesitant, but he wanted to do it, so I made the appointment and off we went. Needless to say, it was a pretty big nightmare once we got there. Kids running and screaming every where, the younger two wanted to crawl away or cry, the older two couldn't sit still and smile long enough to get their pictures taken. It was pure mahem and nothing I care to repeat again anytime soon! The pictures, however, turned out pretty decent. It was hard to tell there was all that craziness going on. Saturday evening when they were all in bed, I just melted into the couch and thanked God they weren't all mine! haha


On Sunday it was time to pack it up and head on home. We made excellent time getting home and hardly hit any traffic! Last week was crazy a few times, but overall it was such a relaxing break from reality and I got to spend it with the two boys I love the most! <3

No comments: