Monday, December 6, 2010

The Holidays are upon us!

The past few weeks have been a little nuts. We had family in from out of town the weekend before Thanksgiving. My sister and brother-in-law came down that weekend to visit, have a little early Thanksgiving feast with us and meet Henry for the first time. We had a really nice visit with them! Saturday night we went out for dinner at Outback and then on Sunday we had our early Thanksgiving dinner. I wish I had taken some pictures now, but at the time I just didn't even think to pick up my camera. On our menu was turkey, homemade stuffing (made by ME!), mashed potatos, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole (made by ME!) and homemade cranberry sauce (also, made by ME!).

Then on Thanksgiving day my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law and nephew all came down from PA to visit for the holiday. Because we were limited on space, we went out to eat instead of cooking and staying in. My parents came with us and we all were off to Maggianos at Tysons Corner. Best.meal.ever! Seriously. If you ever have the chance to go to a Maggianos, DO IT! Here's a little picture of me with my little guys!



Photobucket

On Black Friday, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, myself and Henry went out to brave the crowds and get a little Christmas shopping done. I managed to get all the clothes I needed to get for both boys and finished up one of Jacob's gifts at Toys R Us. It really wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Gymboree was pretty sad (it was really well picked over), but other than that, we were able to find what we wanted and the lines to check out weren't very bad either. Friday evening we went out to dinner with my in-laws and then took my nephew and Jacob to see fire trucks at the fire house. They both LOVED it!

Saturday morning we took the boys to the Air and Space Museum. We didn't stay all that long, but they had a good time and got to see some airplaces (which Jacob is obsessed with). My in-laws left to go back to PA straight from the museum and we just went home to veg out the rest of the day. Here's a picture of Josh (my nephew) and Jacob from the Air and Space Museum.


Photobucket

No comments: