Monday, March 11, 2013

Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I love me some loaded baked potatoes.  Loaded baked potato soup sounds even better!  The original recipe (that can be viewed here) says this tastes like Outback Steakhouse's loaded baked potato soup.  I can't vouch for that as I've never had it, but nonetheless it is so yummy and VERY easy!

Ingredients:

1 - 30 oz bag of frozen, shredded hash browns (I used Ore Ida)
3 - 14 oz cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 onion, chopped (I omitted this one because John doesn't like onions)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pkg cream cheese (do not use fat free ... it won't melt!)

Directions:

In a crockpot, combine everything except the cream cheese.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

About 1 hour before serving add the cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.  I will give you a tip on this one ... cream cheese doesn't melt easily whether you use fat free or regular, so I had to turn the crockpot on high and it took more like 1 1/2 hours to melt completely.  Just sayin'. ;)

Serve with whatever you like!  Pictured below I have grated cheddar cheese, real bacon bits and green onions.  I would have also added sour cream if I had some on hand.

 photo IMG_0230_zpsb27c15da.jpg 

ENJOY!

No comments: