Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fourth of July Festivities!

I'm so behind on posting, so please bear with me while I get caught up here.  I realize I'm posting about the 4th of July in the middle of January.  Let's all start thinking of warm weather and sunshine!  haha

Anywho, LAST YEAR our 4th of July was awesome!  We went out to Leesburg for the parade like we do every year.  This year was the first year since Jacob was born that he got to be in the 4th of July parade.  It was such a proud mommy moment for me!!


 
We met Jacob and Pap at the firehouse before the parade.  He was pretty excited and not at all interested in taking pictures for me.  Can you tell?!  haha  He's wearing his turnout gear that Pap got him from the Fire Expo, but he ended up not wearing it in the parade.  It was just too hot.  Pap stenciled on his last name, so he could look just like one of the big guys!
 
When they left the firehouse and headed up to Ida Lee to line up, John, Gee, Henry and I all walked down to King Street to find a place to sit and watch the parade.
 
 
We watched MOST of the parade ... after we saw Jacob we kind of lost interest in the rest of it.  haha
 

 





 
For the afternoon and evening we went back to The Plains where we went in 2012.  It's kind of far, but I love it out there.  And, the kids love getting to see all the helicopters and the skydivers during the National Anthem.
 

 
The kids also got to play in a couple different moon bounces.  Henry is STILL not a fan.  lol
 


 
And, then we ended the night by watching an awesome display of fireworks with front row seats - can't beat it!!
 
 
I hope everyone else had a fun and safe holiday - we sure did!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: