Sunday, August 10, 2014

Get Fit!

Back in February after we got our income tax return, I decided it was time to get in shape once and for all.  So, I purchased this elliptical machine ... the Proform Hybrid Trainer.  It's actually an elliptical machine and recumbent bike in one, but I only ever use the elliptical portion.


I've been using it ever since and I love it!  

I've been exercising 5-6 days a week using this elliptical, and then 3 days a week or so I've been running in the evenings.  Although I haven't done much running in the past month or so, I will be getting back to it soon because in September I'd like to run my first 5K!  The Color Vibe in Manassas.

I don't believe in fad diets or shakes.  I believe in changing the way one eats to have a healthy diet and a fair amount of exercise.  To me, that's the only way to lose weight and stay in shape.  It's been a slow process, and I'm still not where I want to be, but since February (6 months) I've lost 22 lbs and 1 pant/shirt size.  I've slowly been changing my diet and so far have completely cut out diet soda.  I only drink water (or juice in the morning some times).  Once in awhile if I have a bad headache I'll have a few sips of regular coke for the caffeine, but for the most part I only drink water.  I've been eating smaller portions and have switched to all whole grains.  My main issue now?  Chocolate.  It's the devil, I swear!

I keep track of my workouts and progress using My Fitness Pal.  If anyone wants to join me, send me a request via their website!  We can cheer each other on!





No comments: