Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Our new church!!

Basically since we became parents I've been wanting to start going back to church, I just didn't know where.  John was raised Catholic, but isn't a practicing Catholic anymore.  I was raised Methodist and haven't been to a Methodist church in YEARS.  So, where do we go and what do we do?? When we got married we even went so far as to have a non-denominational minister perform the ceremony since we were both raised in different denominations.



Anyway, we checked out a church a few years ago, and it just wasn't a good fit, so that was the last time.  But, then back in May my friend and neighbor invited us to her church to check out a children's program that was going on one Sunday afternoon.  So we went .. and I was pretty much hooked!  We started attending McLean Bible Church on a regular basis from then on.  The kids started going to Sunday School.  Jacob and JD (my friend/neighbor's son) are in the same grade in school, so therefore they're in the same Sunday School class too.  Henry started out in the nursery still, but in July during their promotion week he moved up to the Preschool class.  He (Henry) had such a hard time adjusting, but finally in mid-August he stopped crying and having a meltdown every time we left him.  That made me feel good.  We've been so busy during the Fall that we've barely made it to Sunday morning service, but that's about to change because the holidays are almost here and I can't wait to take the boys to their first Christmas Eve service!!

Back in September, Jacob also started going weekly to Awana at the Loudoun campus of McLean Bible Church.  He's in the Sparks class and is learning so many scripture verses and seems to really enjoy it, so I'm glad we got him signed up.  Next year Henry will go too and be a Cubbie.  We didn't sign him up this year because of how harsh the transition to Sunday School was, but I think next year he'll be ready and he'll really enjoy it.


No comments: