Saturday, February 4, 2012

Skinny Mama: Week One

I've been on my new diet/exercise regimen for just over a week now.  Some friends and I have a "Biggest Loser" contest going to see who can lose the highest percentage of body fat in 12 weeks, and I'm determined to win!  I've really changed the way I was eating: no more snacking all day long, and when I do snack it's fruit or 100 calorie packs, smaller portions at meal time, less carbs and more protein/fruits/veggies.  And, I've been going to the gym 5 days a week, doing about 30-35 minutes of cardio each day.  I'm pretty impressed with my willpower, but ya know ... when there's money involved, you do what you gotta do! :)  In all seriousness, though, I'm sick of myself.  I have to do something because I'm NOT healthy and I'm in terrible shape.  I'm already feeling a ton better and like I have more energy most days, too.  My attitude has been better this past week and my temper (which can be out of control some days) has been much more under control, as well.  I'm really hoping this is the "new me" because I LOVE it!

And, my stats this week (our weigh-in is on Thursday, so I'm a little late) are just that I lost a whole 2 lbs.  :)  Not a lot, but I don't really want to lose it fast because I'll just gain it all back at some point, so a slow and steady loss will be just fine! :)

No comments: