Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's been awhile!!

It's been awhile since I've blogged, so here I go getting back into it again. 

A lot has been happening in our lives since mid-August.  I started working part-time for the company John works for.  It's just admin-type work, so it's pretty easy and I can do most of it from home, so that's an added bonus.  It's bringing in some extra cash right now which is really appreciated. 

Jacob started preschool 2 weeks ago!  At first I truly thought we were going to have to pull him out because the first 2 days he screamed and cried at drop-off and then at pick-up when it was time to go to daycare he'd scream and cry some more.  It was pure misery that first week, but now he's doing much better!  I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that, but on Tuesday and Thursday this past week he jumped out of the at drop-off, waved to John and said "bye daddy!".  Then at pick-up he was all smiles again and happily went in to daycare to play with his friends.  It was just an awesome week! 

Photobucket



Here's our boy on his first day of school.  :)

Jacob even made a new friend on the first day of school, Jack.  He talks about him a lot.  I'm excited for him and I'm hoping this opens up new friendships for me, as well.  I've already met and become friends with another mom from school, but her son isn't in Jacob's class (he's in the 3s TTH, but he's a ladybug and Jacob's a butterfly).  We're planning to get the kids together for a playdate sometime soon because she also has a daughter that's a few months older than Henry, so they'd each have a playmate.  How perfect is that?! 

Henry's about to turn ONE!  His birthday is a little over 2 weeks away.  I can't believe how fast this past year has gone.  It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago I was bringing home a new baby and wondering how I was going to divide my time and attention among the two boys.  Now it's like second nature, and like Henry has always been a part of our family.  I don't know what I'd do without either of my little guys.

And, John's been training me at my new job, so he's been kept super busy with that and with all his normal everyday work stuff.  He's just always working hard and staying busy!!  I got lucky when I got him!  :)

The next couple of months are truly my most favorite times of the year.  In a few weeks we've got Henry's first birthday and his party, then the next weekend we'll do the pumpkin patch (it'll be Henry's first trip and first hayride!) and carve pumpkins.  Then Halloween will be here (Jacob wants to be a fire fighter again and his gear still fits, so that's his costume; Henry will be a dalmatian) ... can't wait to take the kids trick-or-treating!!  Before we know it Thanksgiving will be here which means yummy turkey dinners and Black Friday shopping!  Then it'll be time to decorate for Christmas, bake cookies and visit Santa.  And last we'll be saying good-bye to 2011 and HELLO 2012!  I can't wait, like I said this is my favorite time of year ... and I'm taking you all along for the ride as I blog throughout all our fun and exciting adventures!  :)



No comments: