Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

It's taken me a few days to have the time to sit down and blog about our Mother's Day weekend, but it was fantastic!  I hope everyone else had as awesome of a weekend as we did.

On Friday, John surprised me and sent an edible arragement and balloon to my office.  It was such a pleasant surprise since it's SO out of character for him. 

Photobucket Photobucket

Friday afternoon John picked Jacob up early from daycare and took him for his first overnight camping trip.  He loved it!  So, while daddy and Jacob were off on their guy bonding trip, Henry and I spent the evening having a mommy/baby bonding night.  We had dinner at Houlihans and then went to Kohls to do a little shopping.  I ended up letting Henry stay up an hour and a half later than normal just because he was having such a blast playing quietly by himself and/or with me.  I love having one-on-one time with my guys!

The next morning Henry and I just hung out at home and waited on Jacob and daddy to get home, and then that afternoon/evening I had to work at Kohls (my 14th day in a row working - a new personal record!).

Finally on Sunday I had the entire day off!  When I woke up, Jacob jumped out of his bed and climbed in bed with me and said (in the sweetest voice ever) "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!  You have to stay in bed today, cause it's Mother's Day.  I'll bring you cake in bed."  lol  He forgot all about the cake once he went downstairs, but that's okay, it's the thought that counts.  :)  When I came downstairs about an hour later, I was given my present (a new charm for my Pandora bracelet), and then John went off to get us Anita's for breakfast (this seems to be turning into a Mother's Day breakfast tradition).  I had planned for us to do nothing but hang out at home, but we had some errands that had to be taken care of, so off we went.  Henry got his hair cut for the first time, and we did some grocery shopping.  When we got home, we just hung around the house for the rest of the day.  Later, for dinner, we met my parents at Red Lobster (also starting to become a Mother's Day dinner tradition).  We had a pretty long wait, but it was fun getting to visit with my parents and hanging out with the whole family.  The best part, for me anyway, was that Henry had fallen asleep on our way to dinner and then when we got there, he stayed asleep and cuddled with me for another 30 minutes or so.  The whole weekend was just perfect - I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day! :)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: