Sunday, September 2, 2012

An "All-Over" Update ...

Whew!  We've had a busy couple of weeks.  Two weeks ago we moved from our tiny little condo into a much larger, more spacious townhouse just on the other side of town.  It's perfect (minus the little mosquito issue we have)!  It's been awesome here.  We have the nicest neighbors, the kids are loving having room to run around and play outside, and I'm loving not having to lug both kids plus groceries up three flights of stairs!  In a few weeks once I'm completely finished unpacking, I'll make a separate blog post with pics of the new house.  I'm planning to paint the living room, dining room, foyer, hallway, stairwell and upstairs hallway sometime later this month, so I'm not sure if I'll post those pics at the same time, or wait until I'm done, so I can do "before" and "after" pics.

Then last weekend we left for a week at the beach and we just got home today.  We had a blast!  I'll be making a separate post for our trip in a few days once I get all 231 pictures downloaded.  Yes, I think it's safe to say we had an amazing time ... all 231 pictures will speak for themselves!

Henry has completely evolved while we were gone, too.  He's saying so many more words and putting together 2 and 3 word phrases.  I'm a proud mama!!  Here's a little list of the words he can say (only I and a few family members can understand him, though):

Mama
Daddy
Jacob (comes out "Gakob" - I love it!)
Gee
Pap
Kitty
Doggy
Teeth
Ball
Baba (means "bottle")
Juice (comes out "jew" - and he calls all drinks "jew", lol, I seem to remember Jacob doing the same thing)
hi
bye

And, his new phrases are:

Where's mama?
Where's Gee?
Where's Pap?
Where's Jacob? (Where's Gakob? *giggle* it's so cute!)
Where daddy go?
I love you/love you
Thank you (comes out "da doo")

More on Henry's "firsts" on my beach trip blog post .... don't wanna give away too much.  :)

Jacob's gearing up to start his second year of preschool (pre-k).  We go this Thursday to meet his teacher and see his classroom.  Then he starts next Tuesday!  *sniff* I've been ready for a break while he's in school, but now I'm really gonna miss him.  He's my little sidekick!

Anywho, that's our little "all-over" update.  Come back soon to check for some new, exciting posts!

No comments: