Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken

This was yet another Pinterest find.  The original recipe can be seen here.

I have to say that I just love, love, love my crock pot.  Even now being at home all day, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I worked outside of the house full-time.  I love throwing a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and having dinner at the end of the day!

Without further ado, here's the recipe -

Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 C soy sauce
1/2 C ketchup
1/2 C honey
pinch of basil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1) Cut your chicken breasts in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of the crock pot.

 photo IMG_7855_wm_zps6cc1d92e.jpg

2) Chop up your garlic.  I cheated by copying the original recipe and used this!

 photo IMG_7857_wm_zpsef1de3d2.jpg

3) Mix garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, honey and basil in a bowl and stir.

 photo IMG_7861_wm_zpsef25a8f3.jpg

4) Add mixture to crock pot.

 photo IMG_7863_wm_zps348788a7.jpg

5) Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken from the crock pot and transfer to a covered plate to keep warm.  Reduce the sauce in a pot until thickened to desired consistency.  Serve sauce over chicken.

6) Serve and enjoy!  I served mine with rice and broccoli. :)

 photo IMG_7865_wm_zps2976e04c.jpg



1 comment:

Robinsismai said...

sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try this one!!