Friday, July 13, 2012

Beer Cheese Dip

This is easily my most favorite appetizer/dip to make.  Everyone always raves about it, so I try to make it any time we're having friends over.  My favorite time of the year to make this one is football season.  Beer + Cheese + bread to dip just scream football to me.  :)  I made it last weekend, though, because we just had a craving for it, so I decided to post it here on my blog!

Beer Cheese Dip

2 - 8 oz containers sharp cheddar cheese (or extra sharp if you can't find regular, OR you can do one of each also)
2 - 8 oz packages softened cream cheese
1 - 12 oz beer (I always use Miller Lite or Bud Lite because it's what we drink and usually have on hand)
1 tsp garlic powder

  1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat cheese and cream cheese for a minute or two just long enough to get it soft enough to get an electric hand mixer through it. 
  2. Blend on low for a minute until well blended.
  3. Add beer a little at a time.  Sometimes I don't use the whole beer if we want a less "beer-y" taste.  Continue to blend until smooth.
  4. Add garlic powder and blend for another minute.
  5. Refrigerate for about an hour.
Photobucket

I find that refrigerating it for awhile and then pulling it back out just before serving and warming in the microwave makes it taste better.  I serve this with King's Hawaiian Rolls or pretzels most of the time.  This past time, though, we stopped at Wegmans and got some of their yummy pretzel rolls to have with it.  They're pictured below.  Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments: