Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY: Organizing Dresser Drawers!

I found this little gem on pinterest (seriously, where was I before pinterest came along??) a while back and finally got around to trying it tonight.  I'm a pretty organized person, I'd say, so when I found this one I was all about it!  I honestly couldn't believe I didn't think of this one on my own.

What is the wonderful idea I found on pinterest, you ask??

Folding t-shirts in horizontal rows instead of vertical ones!


You can actually see all your shirts this way (I did it with the boys' shorts, as well).  I actually found quite a few shirts I forgot they had because of this.  And, it makes more room in your drawers!  I was able to condense Jacob's t-shirt drawers down from three drawers to two.  :)

Here are Henry's 'before' and 'after' pics (it's slightly embarrassing to look at the 'before' pics.  I'm not always that lazy about the way the drawers look, but have been lately, unfortunately.)

Before (T-shirts)

Photobucket

After (T-shirts)

Photobucket Photobucket

Before (Shorts)        After (Shorts)

Photobucket Photobucket

Here are the 'before' and 'after' pics of Jacob's drawers:


Before (T-shirts)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After (T-shirts)

Photobucket Photobucket

Before (Shorts)

Photobucket

After (Shorts)

Photobucket

Here is where I found the idea for this awesome organizational trick: Darkroom and Dearly Blog.

Oh, and Jacob even helped me put the shorts back in his drawers ... he did a pretty good job, huh??  He kept saying "I want to help you, mommy!"  And, such a good helper, he is! :)

No comments: