Sunday, October 28, 2012

Henry turns TWO!

I'm trying to get caught up on all the blog posts I want to write ...

On October 14th, Henry turned two!  Hard to believe it's been two whole years already.  The day before his second birthday we had his party.  There will be a separate post on that.

Henry recently started talking more.  For awhile there I was starting to worry, but then about a month or two before his birthday, his vocabulary just started to take off.  I'm going to try to list all (or most) of the words and phrases he knows.

Mommy = Ma-ee (and sometimes it actually comes out "mommy")
Daddy = Da-ee (but most of the time it comes out "daddy")
Jacob = Gay-kob
Gee
Pap = Pa
Nana
Baba = Bottle (yes, he still takes a bottle at bed time and nap time)
Kitty = Key
Doggy = Da
Bye-bye
Hi
Thank you
Love you
Ball
Shoe
Boobie = Beebee (haha!)
Where
Go (these two words are usually used when he's asking "where mommy go?" or insert a person's name in place of mommy)
Boo boo
Juice = Jew
Baby
Doll

I know there are more words, but I can't remember them all now.  :(  I'll have to keep coming back to update the list as they come to me.  I tried so many times to start a list over the past month, but I just kept letting it get away from me, and now I can't even think of all the words he says.

On the 19th, Henry had his two year well baby visit.  He's growing great and meeting all his milestones pretty much right on target.  Here are his stats at his two year check-up:

Weight: 30lbs 10oz (75th% - 90th%)
Height: 36 1/4" (75th% - 90th%)
Head: 20 1/4" (95th%)

Photobucket

No comments: