Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Jacob's 1st Day of 1st Grade!

Jacob's first day of 1st grade this year was on September 2nd, 2014 ... the day after Labor Day, which is completely normal for this area.  I'm pretty excited for this school year!  We are in a good routine finally and I seem to kind of know what's going on in school these days.  Last year was definitely a learning experience for us both!

The school board did away with the early dismissals on Mondays, which I love, but they added in extra "student holidays" and specials, so that teachers could still get their planning time in and students would still go X amount of hours for the school year.  Sounds like a win/win to me!  The only thing I DON'T like is that we STILL don't get out of school until June 19th. :(  It's such a long year.  But, oh well I suppose, it is what it is.  I guess that's a few weeks less I have to deal with non-stop fighting at home? Lol

The morning of Jacob's first day was just like any other school morning except we were all up really early.  He was so excited for his first day!  I'm so glad he loves school so much!  His Gee got him a sweet new Steelers backpack this year that he absolutely loves!


Henry wanted a picture with the frame, too, and I have to admit, he looks really cute, but way too grown up. :(  I'm thankful to still have him at home with me for two more years.


I decided to do a picture of the boys together like I did for the first and last day of his Kindergarten year. :)



By the time we were done with our mini photo shoot, it was time to head to the bus stop.  John came home to see Jacob off again this year.  I know it's not as important to the dads, but I hope he continues to be home for when they get on the bus on that first day as much as he can and for as long as he can.  It's just special to them, I think.


And, check out our bus stop crew this year!  



Jacob's not the youngest one at the bus stop anymore, although he is still one of the smallest. Lol  Poor kid ... hopefully he'll hit a growth spurt soon!









No comments: