Sunday, December 28, 2014

School's Out For Summer!!

FINALLY!! After what was, undoubtedly, the longest school year EVER, today was Jacob's last day of school!  His last day as a Kindergartner!  I still can't believe I am the mother of a 1st grader!

Naturally my camera wasn't far from my hand as I wanted to document Bubba's last day of school, so I could later compare shots from his first day.  And, boy am I glad I did because he grew so much!!  So did Henry!




We walked over to the bus stop as that's our normal morning routine and there were several other parents there (with cameras in hand) to wish their kiddos a great last day of school.  Keep in mind, after Christmas break last year, these kids practically didn't go to school the entire month of January because of snow.  So, with all the make-up days and then the school year ended up being an extra week long anyway (and we go pretty late in the year to begin with because of so many teacher workdays/holidays that other school districts don't get off) that by the time this day rolled around, EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYONE, was so ready for summer vacation.  So ready!  I mean, it was only a week before Independence Day!

Anyway, back to the pictures we took at the bus stop.  Here is Jacob with his two buddies that he hangs out with the most at the bus stop/on the bus: Mark Anthony (in the middle) and John David (on the left):


And then, a nice group shot of all the kids from his bus stop for the 2013-2014 school year:



And, because I got one of him getting on the school bus at the beginning of the year, I had to get one of him getting on the bus at the end of the year, too.



Here's a fun comparison from the first day to the last:


It's crazy how fast they grow in less than a year!!







No comments: