Sunday, December 28, 2014

Summer Pinterest Project!

If you know me at all, you know I'm a Pinterest-aholic!  LOVE that website!!  I found this really cute little project a long time ago, pinned it and then completely forgot about it until this past Spring/early Summer when I was trying to overhaul our yard/flower beds.


(Image is linked to the original post I found on Pinterest)

So, I took that idea and ran with it.  I love blue and yellow together, and it just so happened that I had both those paints in my basement, plus I had stencils, so all I had to go buy was the planters (and of course the flowers and soil, but that came later on).



I painted a few coats of the blue paint on the planters or the course of a day or two.

And, then I used my stencils, the yellow paint and a stencil paint brush the paint on our house numbers.  One number per planter!  Then I found some pretty flowers to plant in them and last I lined them up going down on our front porch steps to show our house number.  


I gave the entire yard (front and back) a makeover over the course of a few weeks, but this is all I took pictures of.  I love how our front porch area turned out!  Nice neat and patriotic. Lol






No comments: