Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 Goals!

In the past few years I've decided that I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.  I believe in continually trying improve yourself, and setting goals to try to help you improve yourself/life style.  I've been trying to set these goals for myself at the beginning of each year and try to live up to them throughout the year.  Now that I'm using my blog a lot more than I was a year ago, I'm hoping to remember to reflect on these throughout the year, and make sure I'm following through.

Here are the goals I've set for myself for 2013:

1) Make more time for myself.  Even if it's just to run an errand alone, or take a bubble bath in peace and quiet while reading a book, I want to make sure I make more "me" time next year.  It helps recharge me, and I feel like I'm a better parent when I focus on myself too.

2) Read one book a month.  I tried this in 2012, and about half way through the year I started lagging and only ended up reading 9.5 books the whole year.  That's just insane to me.  I know so many people who read one book a week!  I need to step it up some because I DO love to read. 

3) Do 4 crafts a month with the kids.  One craft per week is not too much to ask.  They both enjoy doing them, and so do I, so I need to make more of an effort to come up with cute things for us to make.  That's where Pinterest comes in, of course!

4) Only use my computer during nap time or after the kids are in bed.  I notice they are more unruly when I'm online too much, so I'm really going to make myself stick to this one.  I can still hop on Facebook or other websites quickly on my phone if the website has a mobile app, so I might still do that from time to time, but I will not be pulling my laptop out unless it's nap/quiet time or after bed time.

5) Get more organized!  I'm already really OCD about the house and my organization, but I just feel like I could do more.  I came across this awesome website with an Organized Home Challenge that I plan to start on Tuesday of this week, January 1st. It's a 52 week challenge to help you get your home organized and KEEP it organized.  I'm pretty excited to get started on this one.

6) Take more photos/get more into my photography hobby.  I love taking pictures and the art that IS photography, so I'm really going to make an effort to take more photos, and more artistic ones at that.

And, finally 7) Make more of an effort with my friends and family.  If there is one thing 2012 has taught me, it's that life is short.  You never know what tomorrow brings, so make sure the people you love know it.

I hope everyone else has a fun and safe New Year's Eve tomorrow, and an amazing 2013.  Cheers!

No comments: