Saturday, July 12, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

Last Thanksgiving we were just trying to get through each day, so we didn't even bother cooking.  We went out to a Chinese buffet ... not very Thanksgiving-ish, but ehh .. what can you?

So, this year we got back in to the swing of things some.  I made dinner at our house and had my parents over like normal.  We hung out, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, football and ate a LOT.  Our menu consisted of turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and croissants.  Pretty typical Thanksgiving Day food.



I did just a very SMALL amount of Black Friday shopping last year.  I'm not sure why, I guess I just wasn't feeling it?  Black Friday shopping was something I had done with my sister the past few years, so it's a little hard for me to do now.

The boys got an early Christmas gift from their Uncle Jay and Aunt Jamie.  These awesome matching Puma track suits.  They fit them so well over the entire winter that I'm hoping, hoping, hoping they'll still fit this coming fall and winter. 


The next day, on Saturday, we pulled out all our boxes to decorate for Christmas!  This is truly my favorite time of year.  I have to get our decorations up no later than the weekend after Thanksgiving and they stay up until after the New Year. 

Each year we get a new family ornament.  This year we got this awesome ball ornament!

 
 
And, of course I had my two best helpers decorating right beside me.


 
 
Our tree is all done and looks so beautiful!

 
 
Here are some of our other Christmas decorations.  I started collecting Santas several years ago.  Here are just a few of the ones I have.  I love them all! Even this creepy Santa.  Lol


 
And, last, take a look at my growing village.  Some day I will have a huge Christmas village!

 
 


No comments: