1/2 medium onion, chopped (I omitted this step because my husband doesn't like onions)
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 16oz package frozen tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef. season with salt & pepper.
3. Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
4. In a casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture & cream soup.
5. Top mixture with tater tots.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes till bubbly and tots are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven & top with cheese, return to oven until melted.
**NOTE** I doubled this recipe because the called for ingredients wouldn't have made enough for dinner for four of us. So, the entire recipe was doubled and it was more than enough. We'll have some for leftovers on Tuesday night!