Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: 11th - 13th

Playing catch-up today ...

Day 11

Today I'm thankful for the men and women who have served, currently serve or will serve in the United States military.  Specifically, today's thankfulness will be dedicated to my friends, Matt (U.S. Army) and his wife, Jackie.  They are two of the strongest people I know.  Married for almost 7 years, they are on deployment number five!  That's insanity!  I hate being away from my husband for a night or two, I couldn't imagine months on end, and FIVE times in SEVEN years.

So, today I want to thank all of the U.S. military and their families, plus I want to say a very special thank you to Matt and Jackie (and all of their family members) who sacrifice their time and life together so that we can live in this wonderful, free country.  They pay the ultimate sacrifice every day and are not thanked enough for it!  Love you guys! xoxo

Day 12

Today I'm thankful for Monday night television!!!  Seriously, I'm convinced that network Presidents have decided to make Monday night television so awesome because Mondays, in general, just suck so much.  haha  My Monday this week was pretty decent, though, but a lot of the times they just aren't.  I actually have so many shows I like to watch on Monday nights that I can't DVR them all!  I have to watch Dancing with the Stars on-demand now because John watches How I Met Your Mother and I record The Voice.  Then later, at 10 PM, I also record The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and now Teen Mom 2 is back on!  (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE reality TV??? lol) .. so anyway, Mondays may suck, but Monday nights ROCK!! :)

Day 13

Today I'm thankful for all the time we've had over the past few weeks together as a family.  I know not everyone is as fortunate as I am to have a wonderful family and have them at home the way I do, so I'm super thankful for that.  John's been off for four weeks because of his back surgery with the first week being spent in the hospital (so I was between home and the hospital a LOT!).  I thought after the first week at home with him I'd be ready for him to go back, and maybe under different circumstances I would have been, but not this time!  It was a blessing to have him at home because of all that has gone on with my sister passing away the way she did.  For a little while there I wasn't sure he'd be able to make the ride to Pittsburgh for the funeral, but thankfully he was able to accompany me.  He's kept me company, been supportive and helped keep my mind occupied.  Yesterday he went back to working in the office full-time, and while getting the kids and I back on a routine was nice, I still missed him like crazy.

No comments: