Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: November 6, 2012

Day 6

Today I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family.  We have our issues, but we're a lot healthier than many other people in this world.

I was thinking this morning that my sister's heart condition she was born with was just a freak thing.  It's not genetic, it was just something that happened and unfortunately it happened to her.  It could have very easily been me that was born with that defect, so I'm counting my blessings that I am relatively healthy.

When I was pregnant with Jacob I had major issues towards the end which then made my pregnancy with Henry a high risk one, and any subsequent pregnancies would be high risk, also.  After I had Henry I weighed more than I have weighed my whole life.  My BP was still high for a long time after I had him, too.  Back in January, I started watching what I was eating and exercising and I lost about 15 lbs or so.  I was hoping that losing some weight would help my BP, but I never rechecked it, so I had no clue how it was going.  Yesterday I finally went to see my doctor and found out two things ... a) I'm 17 lb lighter than the last time I was there - which was about 10 months ago, and b) my BP was really good even though I was nervous (I always get nervous when I go to the doctor) and I wasn't taking any BP meds.  So, I'm headed in the right direction - just need to get back out there and start exercising again!

I'm also very thankful that my husband and my children are healthy.  There are so many people who are not that lucky and my heart breaks for them.

No comments: