Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012

Day 5 - Today I'm thankful for my cat, Bella.  I know it sounds crazy-cat-lady-like, but this cat is so special to me.  We got her when she was only a day old.  A co-worker and friend of mine found a whole litter of kittens behind out warehouse at work.  I took the entire litter home with me to raise and then give away.  I was 7 months pregnant with Jacob at the time.  To make a long story short, there were only two kittens of the five that lived, and our little Bella is one of them.

She's not really into other people.  In fact, she's kind of mean to other people, but she loves her mama!  She comes to sit with me all the time.  She's sitting next to me right now, actually.  She follows me around the house like one of the kids.  And, two weeks ago when I got the news that my sister had passed away, she got past the baby gate and shut bedroom door that I usually put up to keep her out at night, just so she could sleep with me and make sure I was okay.  She was attached to me those first three days that we were at home before we left for Pittsburgh. She only left my side to go eat or go to the bathroom.  John was still so sore that he had to sleep in the recliner downstairs, so having her keep me company was the best thing ever. I'm so thankful for this little kitty - she loves her mama and I love her!


Photobucket

No comments: