Monday, January 5, 2015

Henry's 4th Birthday!!


Poor Henry!  Ever since his second birthday, which was the last time I saw my sister alive, I haven't been able to bring myself to do a party or anything for him. :(  I'm going to change that with his 5th birthday, though.  It should give me something fun to look forward to and immerse my time, energy and thoughts into, plus he deserves it, poor kid.

His birthday in 2014 was during the week, so I just spent the entire day with him. I was able to get a "birth time" photo for probably the first time ever.


12:56 PM on October 14, 2010 this little nugget came in to the world and changed our lives forever.  Some days I think Jacob wishes he'd go back to where he came from, but I know in the overall scheme of things, he loves his baby brother and is beyond thankful for him!

That evening we went out to dinner ... to CiCi's no less. Lol  I think that's where we went for Jacob's 4th birthday also.  Must be a tradition now!  After dinner John and I stopped to get his cake because I didn't bake one and we wanted one that he'd love.  I think we succeeded with this little gem from Milwaukee Custards:



We came home, sang and had some birthday cake.  It was so yummy too!



He got a little help from his big brother. :)

After that he got to open some presents!  Ours hadn't come yet, so he opened what my parents brought for him:


Thomas the Train!! His favorite!!  He had been talking about this train set for weeks, but I really had no clue what he was talking about, so I had to google it.  Lol

The next day our package finally arrived, so I just let him open the box instead of wrapping it first.  I'm lazy, what can I say?


The Julius Jr. Rockin' Playhouse!! He had been asking for this for weeks, as well!!  I know my kids are spoiled, but it's so worth it to see the joy on their faces. :)

Even though my mind was somewhere else, I did the best I could to make his birthday a success, and I think I did pretty good.  He had so much fun and got two very awesome birthday presents!







No comments: