Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crockpots are my best friend ...

And, they can be yours too!  If you're like me ... a busy, working mom, you don't have a lot of time for preparing meals.  Usually the deal in our house is that whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up, so most of the time John cooks dinner. But, I'm a fairly decent cook and I do enjoy cooking, so I've been trying to find some easy to prepare meals for during the week.  This particular recipe I found on pinterest (one of my favorite websites) this past week, and it's the first that I've found on there that I'm actually trying.  I do have to say it turned out amazing!  Even my picky, would-eat-chicken-nuggets-7-days-a-week 3 year old loved it.  We'll definitely be adding this one into our meal rotation!!

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 package of Grand’s Jr. Flaky Biscuits (it’s a small can with only 5 biscuits)


Instructions:
In the bowl of the slow cooker place the chicken, soup, broth, onion, and all spices/herbs. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.

Photobucket

Remove chicken and shred. Place back in the crock pot.

Photobucket

Cut each biscuit into 5 pieces and place in the crock pot. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour longer (cook longer for less doughy dumplings.

Photobucket

* Note: I omitted the onions (because John doesn't like them) and the cayenne (because I didn't have any and I couldn't find it at the store).  It was still amazing! 

Photobucket

No comments: