Saturday, January 7, 2012

Getting Organized for the New Year!!

I've become slightly OCD lately with organizing and getting rid of stuff around the house.  I recently bagged up some toys that never get played with to donate to daycare.  At least they'll get some use out of them there.  I've also grown very fond of the cubicle shelves you can buy at Walmart or Target.  I HIGHLY recommend them for organizing pretty much anything in your house.  I use them for toys right now, but as soon as the kids are old enough that they don't have a ton of toys like this, I'll use them in other areas of the home.  You can sometimes find them on sale for about $40 each, but I couldn't wait for that, so I paid $52 a piece for them and the bins were about $6 each.  There are a ton of colors that the bins come in, but I went with matching primary colors since one day these, along with every other toy they own, will hopefully be in a playroom instead of scattered all around the house!  I wish I had taken a "before" shot, but alas ... I forgot.  Here are some "after" shots of the downstairs toys. 

Photobucket

This is where we keep all the wooden toys and play food, mainly.  I threw a few other big toys in there just so they had a place to go.

Photobucket

This is really just a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that had no where to go, but with the look of the cubicle shelves, it's at least displayed in a nice way. (Have I mentioned how in love with these shelves, I am?!)

Photobucket

Here's Jacob's new batcave that he got at Nana's and Pap's ... he's in love!! And, this is where we keep all the Little People toys, for the most part.  There are a few miscellaenous toys thrown in there.

Photobucket

And, this is the last of the downstairs toys that really had no where to go. We're, unfortunately, out of room downstairs, so I won't be getting a 4th cubicle shelf, though I wish I could!

And, just while I'm doing the post ... there is more.  These kids are truly spoiled and aren't in need of anything.  I could probably run a daycare with the amount of toys they have.  Upstairs in Jacob's room there are more toys.  I only have a picture of his new 3 story firehouse that Santa brought (to Gee's and Pap's house).

Photobucket

Then in the loft upstairs I sort of turned it into a mini-playroom.  They have a TV up there, but it's not hooked up to cable, so Jacob can play games on it or they can watch movies.  In the foreground there is their easel.



PhotobucketPhotobucket


No comments: