Sunday, January 29, 2012

This week's theme: How Do You Mend a Broken Heart

1. How did you cope with your biggest heartache?
I tend to cope with heartache in a not very healthy manner.  I usually try to suppress the thoughts/feelings as much as possible because then it hurts less.  Up until my dad passed away (5.5 years ago), my biggest heartache was the two times John and I broke up before finally getting engaged and married.  When those two heartaches happened, I cried a lot, sulked around and didn't eat.  I lost a lot of weight ... but, not in a good way.  Then when my dad died, I just tried not to think about it as much as possible, and never really grieved the proper way, I think.  It's not healthy, but it's how I do things.  :)

2. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
Probably John a few years ago when he had his throat operated on.  He's been in the hospital since (and so have I), but he's not been admitted since then, just ER runs.

3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
Only two "real" jobs ... TJ Maxx and where I currently work, Dynalectric Company.  I've also had part-time and temp work in between the two.  Neither are in my "chosen career field" because I never really had one.  I've been thinking what I really want to do is get a nursing degree and then become specialized in Labor & Delivery/Postpartum, and maybe even become a certified LC, however, that will have to be put on the back burner for now as I have little ones to worry about. (Not to mention I have no clue where to even begin as far as GETTING the degree goes.) 

4. How did you discover Saturday 9?
From my friend, Danielle.  She first started this on her blog, and I quickly followed suit.  :)


5. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?
Either from DC (cause it's where I live) out west to California, or I'd go to New York and take it from there to California.  Either way I'd want to go cross country, so I could see more of the U.S.

6. When was the first time you cooked for someone else?
Oh, I can't remember.  I've been cooking since I was in my teens.  Nothing too difficult, but I can remember making different meals when I was much younger.


7. What is the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
Tomato juice.  Hands down the worst beverage on Earth!

8. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
I have too many to bring up right now, but rest assured, I'm very firm in my beliefs!


9. Do you know anyone who has as very unusual pet?
No, thank goodness!

No comments: