Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Homemade Play-Doh!!!

I signed up to make play-doh for Jacob's school for the month of January. But, he was out last Tuesday because we were in PA still from the holiday, and then last Thursday he was out because I couldn't get down the stairs to take him to school because of my sprained ankle, so he just went back to school after Christmas TODAY.  Anyway, I made the play-doh last night, and it was SO easy and turned out so nice that I just had to share the recipe.  And, FYI ... the recipe is non-toxic.  I'm sure it wouldn't taste good if you ate it, but all of the ingredients are safe if ingested.

Ingredients:

1 C flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 C salt
1 C water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
approximately 15 drops of food coloring (this I doubled to 30 drops just to make sure it was a darker blue)

Instructions:

  1. Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately.
  2. Combine ingredients in saucepan over low heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
  3. Remove dough from saucepan and let stand for 5 minutes.
  4. Knead dough about 30 seconds or until smooth and blended.  Cool completely.  Store in airtight container.  ENJOY!!
After we go through all the play-doh Jacob got for Christmas, we'll be making our own from then on.  :)


Photobucket

No comments: