Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had as awesome of a Christmas as I did with my family!

Photobucket

This year was amazing for many reasons, but mainly it was made so special because of Jacob.  I love seeing things through my children's eyes. We started our Elf on the Shelf family tradition this year.  Jacob named him Hector with a little help from daddy.  He was actually a little sad to see Hector go (as was I!) on Christmas Eve.  We can't wait for him to come back again next year.  Here is a picture of Hector just hanging out on our chandelier ...

Photobucket


Christmas Eve was the cutest this year because Jacob is old enough now to "get" Santa Claus.  After an evening spent hanging out at home with me, Daddy, Henry, Gee and Pap; we set out some cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer, and sent Jacob to bed.  I went upstairs for something around 10:30 (an hour and a half after we put him in bed) and he was still  up wanting to know if Santa had come yet.  So cute! I reassured him that he would be coming just as soon as Jacob went to sleep.  When we went to bed at 11, he was sound asleep.  :)  John woke up around 2 to go to the bathroom and when he was on his way back to bed, we hear Jacob saying "Did Santa come?" We tucked him back in and told him he'd be coming sometime through the night.  Around 7 AM Henry woke up, so we were all up for the day ... Jacob jumped out of bed and said "DID SANTA COME?!?!"  He was so cute about the whole thing.  We got everyone out of bed and down the steps we went.  We came around the corner and Jacob's eyes were huge "LOOK AT ALL THOSE TOYS!" he shouted.  He was so excited!  It just made me feel like a kid again.  This is what he saw ..

Photobucket


We spent the day opening presents from Santa, mommy and daddy, and Gee and Pap, had a yummy dinner, and just generally enjoyed each other's company.  The kids got more than they knew what to do with.  They seemed a bit overwhelmed.  I really need to learn to turn it down a notch, but I just love Christmas and gift-giving so much, I don't really know when to stop!

I got my beloved Kindle Fire (thanks honey!) that I am totally in love with!  My mom and step-dad got me a ton of clothes and some new pieces to go with my Christmas village.  And, the kids got me a new Coach bag as well as a new charm for my pandora bracelet.  I feel totally 100% spoiled!!

John got his iPad from me and a remote control helicopter from the kids.  And, my parents got him a really nice Steeler hoodie and a bluetooth keyboard case for his iPad.  He was spoiled also!!

For New Year's we had planned to go to PA for visit John's family and my sister and brother-in-law.  I was so excited!!  We hadn't been up there since September!  We got up there on Friday night ... On Saturday we didn't do a lot.  Just hung around the house taking it easy.  Saturday night we went to a kid-friendly party at our friends' house.  It was so much fun!!!  I love going to parties like these, especially at their house!  The kids did amazing, too, for the fact that Jacob didn't take a nap all day, and Henry had been up from his nap since 4:30 PM ... they were both able to make it to midnight with NO problems.  So impressed!  I was pretty paranoid about driving home so late with them on NYE, but we did it anyway and had no problems.  The kids fell asleep, though, of course, so the plan was the carry them in and just put them to bed.  In the transfer, Jacob woke up and started screaming and kicking me, so I put him down and took the few things I had in my arms in to the house.  When I came back out to get him, he had run halfway down the block screaming he was SO mad (this is why I try very hard to go NO WHERE if I think he might fall asleep).  My mother-in-law had him, but he was kicking her too, so I took him from her and was carrying him downstairs to put him to bed (our room we sleep in is in the basement at their house) when I tripped on one of his flailing legs and fell down the last 4 or so steps, twisted both ankles and I think sprained the one.  I've never been in so much pain.  I'm pretty sure having my babies didn't hurt that bad!  Plus I couldn't walk on EITHER foot for a good day after it happened.  My right foot seems to be better now, but it's still very hard to get around on the left foot.  I spent the next couple of days just laying around and doing as little as possible.  My husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law were amazing with all the help they gave me.  I really truly appreciate it!!

Anyway, that was our holiday week in a nutshell.  We had an amazing holiday season this year and I hope everyone else did as well!

No comments: